SCOPE accepts applications in two cycles – during fall and winter respectively. We welcome applicant questions at email@example.com.
Updated SCOPE application for the Winter 2018 cohort now open!
Early applications are due by 11:59pm on Friday, February 2nd, 2018.
Regular applications are due by 11:59pm on Friday, February 9th, 2018.
Primary interviews will be on the morning of Saturday, February 17th, 2018.
Secondary interviews will be on the morning of Sunday, February 18th, 2018.
We also host a talk by Dr. Michael McCullough every year called “Dispelling Pre-Medical Myths” that has impacted significantly the lives of hundreds of pre-medical students, by providing a unique perspective on how to know if medicine is right for you, and how to successfully pursue medicine once you verify that decision. This will be held on February 1st, 2018 between 6-8PM @ Stanford University CEMEX Auditorium.
- Any person who is interested in medicine and is over the age of eighteen is eligible to apply.
- Members are required to do 3 shifts per month (9 hours each shift) and to complete a total minimum of 200 hours before graduating from the program. However, members have been known to volunteer for up to several thousands of hours!
- Members are required to be available to participate for a minimum of 4 quarters (1 year) in SCOPE. However, members have been known to stay for ≥ 5 years! Please note: The first 2 quarters (6 months) need to be consecutive. This will allow for smooth hospital orientation and health clearance.
- In addition, SCOPE students will participate in project teams that work on projects directly in the emergency department or help sustain the organization, meeting every 2 weeks at Stanford.
- For more information on the time commitment and SCOPE expectations, please visit: https://scope.beagooddoctor.org/overview/
Although all are encouraged to apply, we are currently looking to recruit students with the following interests / skills:
- Fluency in Spanish or Vietnamese
- Interest in Directorship
- Web Design skills
- Experience in graphic design, photography, and videography (work samples required)
- Artistic talents such as painting, sketching, sculpting, etc. (work samples required)
For a description of leadership positions available, please visit our Leadership Opportunities page.
Please save your responses to any text based questions in a separate document in the event that any technical issues arise either with our website, with your connection, etc. If there is any missing data from your application, this added measure will ensure an easy follow-up with you. Additionally, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the JotForm below that our web team is working to address.
Start your application below.